Boy have we got some GREAT NEWS for you. This year, we CELEBRATED our 20th YEAR Taking CARE to the Community! That’s right, 20 years ago a group of neighbors and friends, young and old, gathered together Under the name Mission Cedar Hill for the purpose of helping a neighbor in need. Each year since, we have gathered together the first or second week of June in what we call our Big Week Event, and this year we were blessed with dozens of new volunteers, new Good News Messengers during our 20th Anniversary Jubilee.
Even during the pandemic we have had a small group of volunteers continue to reach out and meet the ever growing list of home owners in need. While we have patiently waited for things to improve, the gradual deterioration of homes and properties has not. The homeowners we addressed this year had been patiently waiting for things to improve, and now the Biggest Improvement they saw was THEIR HOME. We are so thankful for those that joined us to Take Care to our Community. But if you weren’t quite ready to join others outside and in groups, then there are still lots of ways you can help.
1) We need finances to do what we do. There is no other way or reason to say it any differently. We have never, and will never charge a home owner a single penny for what we do. Everything is purchased with donated funds made by generous people. $250 – 25 people giving $10 gives us enough money to take on an average home restoration project. Do the math. Are you able to help us out financially? You can mail a contribution to Mission Cedar Hill, 101 High Pointe Ln. Cedar Hill, TX 75104, or give here on our web site. We are a registered non-profit in Texas and all of your donations are tax deductible.
2) We need people to call and contact volunteers to assure that we will all be as ready, and as safe as we possibly can. Things will be a little different. We need to make sure everybody clearly understands the process. You can send emails, text, or make phone calls for us to recruit and inform our volunteers. You can start doing this NOW!
3) We need “Runners” during these Events. These people are often alone, or with one other family member. They run water, parts and pieces, or tools to the TEAMS at the various work sites. They can be very minimal to no contact with those on the job for the added caution of those wanting or needing it.
4) We need Prayer Warriors! We already have long list, and it is growing, of homeowners who are waiting for us to help them with their property. This isn’t just an opportunity to restore a home, but a great privilege to restore HOPE, health, and dignity. And we plan to put Jesus at the front of it all. If we start praying for those homeowners and volunteer TEAMs now, who knows what will happen?
5) We need people to help us Get the Word Out! If you would post on your website, social media outlets, or in conversations around your dining room tables, prayer rooms, and small groups we would greatly appreciate it. Because of this year’s circumstances we are running a little behind schedule. So we can use your help. Let us know what we can provide you with, blurbs, images, postcards, links, just let us know, and let’s Get the Word Out the Mission Cedar Hill IS A GO!
We invite you to check out and LIKE US on our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/MissionCedarHill. The best, most accurate, official WORD will always be shared here on our website, but current, immediate, timely notices are frequently posted on our Facebook page. Like us, share our announcements, repost our post, please help us Get the Word Out.
Saying all of that, it is our desire to be the Best neighbor we can be, and are looking for ways to be exactly that in these days. Please pray for our leadership and volunteers as we look for ways to be helpful, and responsible. May the Lord bless you. May He cause His face to shine upon you and give you PEACE!
Mission Cedar Hill
MISSION CEDAR HILL
Mission Cedar Hill (MCH), now in its 20th year, is a joint effort of volunteers from churches, the city, non-profits and individuals to bless struggling home owners, especially the elderly, disabled, veterans, and non-profit properties by beautifying those properties and bringing them into code compliance.
The vision is based on Matthew 5:16, “In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.”
Be a part of what is happening through the work of Mission Cedar Hill! You can Donate HERE, or sign-up to Volunteer HERE.
If you are in need and looking for assistance, you can print off THIS FORM and fill it out. Then mail it to us Mission Cedar Hill, 101 High Pointe Lane, Cedar Hill, TX 75104. Or, you can fill out THIS FORM ONLINE. Filling out and mailing in the form does not guarantee we can help you, but not filling it out and mailing it in guarantees we cannot. Here is the link to the APPLICATION .
Watch this 3 minute video from 2017
Check us out on Facebook